DAQami Unable to open old user path

dwb

Question

DAQami 4.2.1f0 w/ UL v6.70 startup and/or Open Configuration report Error: "Unable to open the file . Access to the path 'C:\Users\<old>\Documents\Measurement Computing\DAQami' is denied." Notice the space after file. <old> is a token I replaced in the message where it is using a prior PC/Windows/Domain user name that I used to have when I used the software but that has since changed. After reinstalling the software it remembers my old user name and that path does not exist. If a PC administrator creates it the startup and Open Configuration work. I hoped that if I opened from a valid location it would update that path. It did not. Even if I delete the daqami.mcfg file it gets recreated with that old user name inside. How can update it's memory with my new user name?

3 answers to this question

Hello @dwb.

If you are logged into that system with new user credentials, does the new username appear as a subfolder in the C:\Users directory?

Do you have a C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Measurement Computing\DAQami directory?

Did you or your IT uninstall DAQami before reinstalling it with your login credentials?

Please reply with screen captures as to what works and what does not.

Regards,

Fausto

> ..does the new username appear as a subfolder in the C:\Users directory?

Yes

> Do you have a C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Measurement Computing\DAQami directory?

Yes

> Did you or your IT uninstall DAQami before reinstalling it with your login credentials?

I don't know.

> Please reply with screen captures as to what works and what does not.

I don't know what you mean.

When you launch DAQami, are you able to select New Configuration from the Getting Started window?

If you are, then are you able to configure the hardware and acquire data?

If you are, then are you able to save the configuration to your user directory?

Screen capture of DAQami without an issue.

image.png