Overlaying Channel 1 and Wavegen 1 in the same plot on the waveform software

Zamokuhle

Question

Hi,

I am using the waveform software to do ultrasonic tests, the software does not allow me to show the generated wave and the received wave in the same plot, the reason I am doing this is to get the time delay. The software allows me to control wavegen from scope but it does't allow me to select wavegen so that its shown in the same plot with the scope.

I have checked the website and youtube videos without any success. 

I am using Analogue discover 2 with the software. 

Thanks

Zamokuhle

5 answers to this question

Hi @Zamokuhle

Capture of DAC data is available with newer devices (AD3,ADP2230,ADP3X50)
This is only digital data and it should mostly serve for informative purpose, specially at high frequency.
The actual analog output signal and the signal received by the target may be affected by the load, wiring...
Better use one scope channel to capture at target end and the other one at the reception. Like it is done for the Network Analyzer.

image.png

I wanted to do what you showed in the first image, and if i click the dropdown in Wavegen 1 it allows me to select a box "control wavegen here" but it does not allow me to select  box you selected. I guess its because I ama using AD2 ?

I also tried using math or the custom option , where I wanted to use wavegen as a reference which would make it easy to compare it with the received signal, the software doesn't allow that. Is it all caused by AD2 limitations?