Digital capture is not working in WaveForms

PavelKirienko

Question

I have a basic setup where I am attempting to simply capture an I2C transaction. I have the protocol tool open along with the scope tool; the protocol tool uses DIO 0/1 for SDA/SCL while the scope tool is set up to capture the SCL line via CH1. This setup is working well until I open the Digital panel in the Scope tool; once I do that, the Scope tool is no longer able to capture anything -- upon trigering it enters the "Busy" state and stays there indefinitely. The screenshots are provided.

This is the configuration that is working well, the Digital panel is closed:no-digital.thumb.png.84ec02c5541fbe2b1b56cb0b447860fc.png

As soon as I open the Digital panel without even doing anything there (I literally just click "Digital" in the top meny and nothing else), I am no longer able to capture anyting because upon being triggered the tool enters the Busy state as shown:

with-digital.thumb.png.e1425acc0ec4029f779287ced24fdcb2.png

How do I use the digital channels?

1 answer to this question

Hi @PavelKirienko

See Help: Protocol uses Logic Analyze (Digital Input) for reception, which can be controlled by one interface at a time, others show Busy state.
For digitized signals set Input: Analog Only and adjust the threshold with the "Digitize" button.

image.png

image.png

and there is newer software version available: