Capturing during play mode - second time around DigitalIn gives status of NotDone

AlanB

Question

I've been quite successfully going through a cycle as follows, using Python:

• open connection to Digital Discovery device
  • enable the device/power supplies
    • configure DigitalIn to be triggered from the start of the DigitalOut device (with appropriate buffer sizes, etc)
    • call FDwfDigitalInConfigure (at which point the DigitalInStatus goes from Ready to Arm)
    • configure the DigitalOut to operate in Play mode (with appropriate sample pattern, etc)
    • call FDwfDigitalOutConfigure to trigger output of the Play mode samples (at which point the DigitalInStatus goes from Arm to Done within the time it takes me to check)
    • read the received buffer back and process
  • close the connection to the Digital Discovery

Now I want to perform the same steps multiple times, without opening/closing the device or removing the power supplies.  However, simply repeating the inner steps causes the DigitalInStatus to behave differently on the second time through.  When I check the status either side of the call to FDwfDigitalInConfigure, instead of switching from Ready to Arm, it switches from Ready to NotDone and remains there through all the other steps.  I normally loop waiting for the Done status after calling FDwfDigitalOutConfigure, but this never happens.  I can't see the NotDone state in the documentation, or how I can properly reinitialise the device to get the steps to operate as expected.

1 answer to this question