How do I automatically start a scope run upon startup with Waveforms and Analog Discovery 2?

Rumi_The_Isotope

Question

Hello - super newbie here struggling to do something simple.  Running Waveforms 3.22.2 on Raspbian bookworm.  I have the scope workspace all set up just as I want, but I need it to "run" and start a scan upon startup.  Ultimately I need the entire system to boot up, run Waveforms, open my workspace, and start scanning without the user needing to do anything.  So far I have been trying to piece this together with hints from other forum conversations.  So here is what I have:

My workspace file is bsm.dwf3work

My project file is bsm.dwf3scope

My script file is bsm.js and only contains the single line Scope.run()

My command is then waveforms bsm.dwf3work -script bsm.js

This loads my workspace, but does not start scanning.  The user still has to click the "run" button.

Don't know if this is relevant, but I do get the error message qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

Thanks for any help - I'm not a programmer!!

20240730_10h37m44s_grim.png

2 answers to this question

Thank you Atilla!  I could never get the script file to work, but leaving an open tabbed script works with the -runscript option.

This is all very amazing stuff....very clear to me that it has taken a ton of work for everyone to get to this point with the hardware and software!  Wish I was smart enough to use it to its full potential.....😊