DAS-1402-12bit ISA Card Identification

metalman

Question

Hello,

Our company has a Trend Performance Spintron engine camshaft analysis machine that uses what I believe is a DAS-1402-12bit ISA card to capture data.  This card has gone bad (digital outputs have failed) and we are evaluating our options since this machine no longer has any support from the manufacturer.  There are several DAS-1402 cards for sale on auction and legacy equipment resellers websites but most of them don't look quite like this one. 

Can anyone identify exactly what this card is and any possible replacements or alternatives?  I as referred to Digilent by Measurement Computing Systems.

Thank you.

-Matthew

DAS1402_2.jpg

DAS1402_1.jpg

Edited by Fausto
removed email address

4 answers to this question

Hello @metalman.

I am unable to identify the model and manufacturer of that ISA board; doesn't appear to be a legacy Measurement Computing device.  Please verify if this board is the point of failure in your application.  Would you have any similar boards with a model and manufacturer in the silkscreen?

What are your application's requirements, i.e. analog input/output channels, digital I/O, counter/timers, sampling rates?  Note: replacing an ISA board with a newer device will require an updated operating system and revamping any custom application code.

Regards,

Fausto

Update: found and attached a Keithley manual for the DAS-1402.  DAS1600_1400_manual.pdf

Edited by Fausto

There are no other cards in the system other than an Ultra ISA 485 serial card.  The software only references a 1402 analog card and InstaCal is installed on the PC so I thought it might be a Measurement Computing product.  We do not have access to the software source code so upgrading to a newer data acquisition card is not possible.  Thank you for the Keithley manual.

The InstaCal utility software is from Measurement Computing.  That device existed before I started at Measurement Computing.  Which versions of InstaCal and Windows are you using?  What is the device's serial number in InstaCal?