Triggering a MCC172 (Board 0) and a MCC 128 (Board 1) to start data collection at the same time

floordoc

Question

We are using a PI4 with Bullseye Raspbian. We are working to a quire 5000 samples at a sampling rate of 1000 Hz from both boards with the same start time. I do not need true 'synchronous' readings.  We would eventually change this to more like 25000 samples at 5000 hz for both boards. 

1- We have validated our code with both boards installed as board 0, and it works on the boards individually. 

2- We have validated our code with the MCC172 part working with it installed at board 0, and the MCC128 installed at board 1 (again both individually) 

3 - we are pretty sure we need to utilize a trigger to start the data acq on both boards at the same time. The examples we see are for simultaneous sampling of 2 of the same boards (172 and 128) no example on how to accomplish this with the two boards we have. 

Attached are our 2 files (iepescan.py, and voltscan.py). There is probably a lot of extra sfuff in both as we have not really found a tutorial on python programming for daqhats. I am assuming that we need to combine these files into 1 file but don't know where to start to figure out how to do this. I have searched the library for help. 

Since posting we have created a file that does read both from the 172 and 128 at more or less the same time, but we have not figured out how to trigger them so that both start at the same time. That file is attached: dualtest.py. 

voltscan.py iepescan.py

dualtest.py

Edited by floordoc

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet