How to add low pass filter to MCC 128 board?

AbdülMemis

Question

I have a MCC 134 board which does not function properly. So i visited this forum and saw that it needs a low pass filter. A MCC staff wrote that a low pass filter is needed but you can use it only with a MCC 128. So I googled which low pass filter to buy and how to connect it but could not find anything. Could you please help me on finding the filter and connecting it to the MCC board.

This is the content I read: 

I would be very glad if i received a quick answer.

Best regards
Memis Abdül

3 answers to this question

Hello @AbdülMemis.

42 minutes ago, AbdülMemis said:

I have a MCC 134 board which does not function properly.

Please elaborate on the issue, i.e. just received and the board is DOA, the board does not function at higher temperatures.  I am not aware of a low pass filter solution for the MCC 134. Is the USB-2001-TC device an option for your application, as it was for the user in your referenced post?

If the MCC 134 does not meet your application's requirements, Digilent has a 30-day return policy.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto,

Yes, the board does not function at higher temperatures. Do you think that the USB device will help?.
My question was based on the MCC 128. I am ready to buy it if you can tell me which low pass filter I have to buy and how I connect it to the board.

Regards
Memis Abdül

Hello @AbdülMemis.

The USB-2001-TC was a suggested alternative for your particular application with temperature measurements at the upper end vs using the MCC 134.  The aforementioned forum post also suggested using a "thermocouple signal conditioner with a good analog low pass filter" from Dataforth.  Reach out to Dataforth for using their products (i.e. 8B47K-13, 8B47K-14).  The mV output signal would connect to the analog input channel on a MCC 128.  The voltage signal would then need to be scaled to temperature data using a custom written application.

Regards,

Fausto