Wave Forms Framework

Juan Castillo

Question

Hello everyone.

I need to install the Waveforms Framework on the macOS Sonoma 14.2 Apple M1 chip to run a Java application that requires it (Memristor Discovery from Knowm Inc.), but when I try to drag and drop the dwf.framework nothing happens... I try to copy it manually via the command line, but the application cannot find the library. Can anybody help me? (The attached video shows the case).

Thank you so much

7 answers to this question

Hi Attila.

The java application I mentioned above now compiles fine and I have been able to generate the .jar file which works great on Windows, but when I try to run it on MacOS (ARM64) I get the following error:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /var/folders/bm/0b42hflj7n344fcf21jjmqsr0000gn/T/waveforms4j7399485888304707985.dylib

I have installed Waveforms and the Framework according to the instructions (on MacOS) but I don't know where to find the Windows dwf.lib equivalent on MacOS.

Thanks for your help

Hi Attila, i have a question:

I have a custom waveform in an array (signal_array), i've configured de Analog Discovery 2 from software (via Waveforms SDK in python). How i can view in the oscilloscope of the same device the real signal that the generator is coming out? the FDwfAnalogOutFunctionSet(hdwf, c_int(0), funcCustom) Is it blocking? That is, the code after its call (Oscilloscope reads) is not executed until it finishes generating the signal?

1. signal_array_ctypes = (c_double * len(signal_array))(*signal_array)
  2. # Setup generator
  3. dwf.FDwfAnalogOutEnableSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(1))
  4. dwf.FDwfAnalogOutFunctionSet(hdwf, c_int(0), funcCustom)
  5. dwf.FDwfAnalogOutDataSet(hdwf, c_int(0), signal_array_ctypes, c_int(len(signal_array)))
  6. dwf.FDwfAnalogOutFrequencySet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_double(sampling_rate / len(signal_array)))
  7. print("Starting wave generator...")
  8. dwf.FDwfAnalogOutConfigure(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(1))
  9. # Setup oscilloscope
  10. dwf.FDwfAnalogInFrequencySet(hdwf, c_double(sample_rate))
  11. dwf.FDwfAnalogInBufferSizeSet(hdwf, c_int(4096))
  12. dwf.FDwfAnalogInChannelEnableSet(hdwf, c_int(-1), c_int(1))
  13. dwf.FDwfAnalogInChannelRangeSet(hdwf, c_int(-1), c_double(5))
  14. dwf.FDwfAnalogInChannelFilterSet(hdwf, c_int(-1), filterDecimate)
  15. print("Starting acquisition...")
  16. dwf.FDwfAnalogInConfigure(hdwf, c_int(1), c_int(1))
  17. # Code to read oscilloscope values

Thank you very much.

Regards