Issues with UL for Linux on deployed applications

ATG

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I am currently working on a deployment of an application through Qt creator that talks to a USB-CTR04 to send trigger signals to my other devices in the chain. I have been developing on a raspberry pi 4 using UL for Linux and Qt and everything is working great. However, when I try to deploy my application, the app fails to connect to the board. The library was linked (libuldaq.so.1.2.1), and I am receiving no crashes, however the board gives me an error code of 4 when I run the following line "ulConnectDaqDevice(daqDeviceHandle);"  The board is found but a connection can not be made.

This error only occurs on my deployed application, tested on multiple devices. Is there a configuration program I need to bring onto the deployed machine to configure the board the first time or other libraries I may be missing?

Attached is the config.log received from the machine I deployed my application on. I tried rebuilding the libraries on the machine with the deployed app and had the same issue.

config.log

Edited by ATG
Added config.log

2 answers to this question

Hello @ATG.

Using one of the devices with your deployed application, download and install the UL for Linux (uldaq).  Next, connect the USB-CTR04 and run the included C library examples, i.e. CIn.c, CInScan.c.  Verify the prerequisites are installed.

$ sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make
   $ sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

Do you still get the same or any error? 

Is the USB-CTR04 device connected directly to the RPi 4 or are you using a non-powered USB hub?

Do you have other daq devices connected to the target system?

Please retest with a different USB cable and USB port.

Reply with screen captures and images to help get a better understanding of your issue.

Regards,

Fausto

The USB-CTR04 is directly connected through one of the usb ports to the RPi CM4. No other daq devices. 

All of the prerequisites are installed and this is the output of a few of the C library examples: 

image.png.1a465abf2f2415667381eba7b0004c56.png

image.png.7053c2c9de36e73f79d2c1d8519f4a0b.png

Turns out that trying my application today yielded a connection. I did not change a single line but it seems to work as it should, thanks for the help regardless!