Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox - Digital I/O for USB-1208FS-Plus

Clara

Question

Hi there, 

I am currently in the process of switching from a USB-1208FS DAQ board to the USB-1208FS-Plus DAQ board. Until now, I have used Psychtoolbox to recognize my device in Matlab (using PsychHID(‘Devices’)), however Psychtoolbox no longer works with the new device (USB-1208FS-Plus). I therefore decided to switch to the Data Acquisition Toolbox in Matlab, downloaded the MCC support package for the toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/measurement-computing.html) and installed everything required for this to work - only to find out that this toolbox does not work for digital i/o. Is there any way to get around this issue and properly get the DAQ board to work within the Matlab environment (including both analog and digital input and output?

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clara

1 answer to this question

Hello @Clara.

Which version of MATLAB, MCC's InstaCal, and Windows OS were you using with the USB-1208FS DAQ board?

Was the Psychtoolbox developed for a specific list of daq boards?  Did that toolbox require an older version of the Measurement Computing DAQ Support from Data Acquisition Toolbox or not at all?

The Measurement Computing DAQ Support from Data Acquisition Toolbox was developed by MathWorks and digital I/O support was not included.  Please reach out to MathWorks for feature updates to this toolbox.

Alternatively, a forum user compiled custom mex files with functions from the Universal Library in MATLAB. Take a look at their post to determine if it will help you. 

Regards,

Fausto