Fourth of July -- Digilent US offices closed ×

Matlab can't recognize my DAQ device - is it the driver?

Tanisha

Question

I'm attempting to connect a USB DAQ device (USB-1208FS-Plus) to MATLAB using the data acquisition toolbox.

But, MATLAB is unable to recognize or communicate with the device - could you tell me why? I am using Matlab R2023a &InstaCal (version: 6.74) for the MCC device. 

I encountered a "MEX File not found" error, specifically related to the Data Translation hardware - please help me understand what could be resulting in this error. 

Capture_error 2.PNG

daq_error.PNG

1 answer to this question

Hello @Tanisha.

Is your MATLAB R2023a installed on a local Windows system?

Is that system used by other user logins and controlled by an IT administrator or are you the only user with admin rights on that system?

The USB-1208FS-Plus device uses the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware.

Which daq device are you using with the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Data Translation Hardware?

Your screen capture shows two Data Translation toolboxes: legacy and current versions.

Please confirm your MATLAB installation has the latest updates.

I will address your two issues separately.

1. MCC status code: -226

Please restart your Windows system and then open MATLAB R2023a.  Click on the 'Add-Ons' menu option and select 'Manage Add-Ons'. 

image.png

If the Measurement Computing support package is listed, please uninstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' from the Add-On manager.  To uninstall the package, click on the vertical ellipsis at the far right and select 'Uninstall'.

image.png

Afterwards, close MATLAB.  Using Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features (which can be accessed by entering 'appwiz.cpl' in the Windows Taskbar search field), uninstall Measurement Computing Corporation's 'InstaCal and Universal Library for Windows'.  Restart your computer and install the current version of InstaCal.  Connect the USB-1208FS-Plus to the system and launch InstaCal.  Verify that InstaCal detects the device.  (Please advise if the device is not detected by InstaCal.) Close InstaCal and launch MATLAB R2023a.  Reinstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' via MATLAB's Add-On Manager.  Close the Add-On Manager and run 'daqvendorlist' in the Command Window, followed by 'daq.getDevices' and 'daq.getVendors'.  Does MATLAB detect the MCC vendor and your hardware?  Please respond whether these steps were successful or not.  

2. DT MEX file issue

As I mentioned above, your screen capture shows two Data Translation toolboxes: legacy and current version.  You should only be using the current version of the Data Translation toolbox in MATLAB.  Please uninstall both versions of the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Data Translation Hardware' from MATLAB's Add-On manager.  Restart MATLAB and then reinstall the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Data Translation Hardware' via MATLAB's Add-On Manager.  Close the Add-On Manager and run 'daqvendorlist' in the Command Window, followed by 'daq.getDevices' and 'daq.getVendors'.  Does MATLAB detect the DT vendor and your hardware?  Please respond whether these steps were successful or not.

Next, enter 'ver' in the Command Window and send me the results.  (Note: Remove your MATLAB License Number before posting.)  Lastly, send me a screen capture of MATLAB's Add-On Manager; see my list below.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

-------------- 

File Exchange location for the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/61373-data-acquisition-toolbox-support-package-for-measurement-computing-hardware

image.png