Waveforms and ADP2230 Pro

Harvey

Hi

Playing with my new ADP2230 Pro.

The Spectrum Analyser Instrument in the Waveforms software version I've downloaded to run with my new kit (which I assume is the latest version) has an on-screen typo: "trance" for "trace" (more than once). The Spectrum Analyser tutorial shows the correct spelling !

Also, the kit is let down by the poor quality scope probes. They're identical to the cheapo probes that accompanied a cheapo scope I bought from Ali Express. Additionally, one of them is so tight that it is extremely difficult to connect and disconnect. Now using an Ali Express alternative.

Harvey

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I believe the Spectrum Analyzer spelling error was corrected in a beta version a couple of months ago. There should be a new release version of WaveForms that will have this (and many other improvements and fixes) available this week.

As for the probes, my understanding is that the probes adequately accounted for the bandwidth offered by the ADP2230 Scope inputs (Probes with 100 MHz bandwidth on the 10x setting for the 50 MHz bandwidth offered by ADP2230). Is this not what you are experiencing?
The tight connection of the probes I don't have much insight on, or at least I don't have the same experience on my ADP2230 with the multitude of BNC cables and probes around the office.

Thanks,
JColvin