ADP3450 not working out of the box

peter_a

Question

Received a new ADP3450 yesterday. After plugging it in and connecting to Waveforms for the first time, the device firmware was updated. After that. I tried using the Scope function. It worked for about 5 mins before the device becomes disconnected and I get this error message: 

Device config id miss match. 2 31

Device config version miss match. 38 63491

PLL not locked 0x51

Device configuration failed (WaveGen reset read).

Device:ADP3X50 rev:204 cfg:2 WF:3.22.2

FDwfDeviceOpenEx

Upon power cycle, the behavior is repeated

What can be done to fix this?

6 answers to this question

Hi attila, I also tried using 2ndunit that was already in our office (its also an ADP3450) and its not having any issues. I am using the same pc, power cables, and usb cables that I used with the 1st unit. This 2nd unit also underwent a firmware update when it was connected to Waveforms 

Hi @attila, here is the error I received after disabling the 'Reconnect' setting. Again please note that I'm using the same USB cable as the other unit that is working properly so I don't think the cable is at fault here.

Communication with the device failed.
Please check the USB cable connection.
For further troubleshooting consult the Help.

Communication with the Device failed 3080
DstmTransfer failed ERC: 3076
Analog In DDR failed3 117440528 262144
FDwfAnalogInStatus

Hi @peter_a

Please try a different cable, because such sudden errors are usually caused by contact problem, for example, loose connection, the plug is not fully inserted, slight difference is the socket dimensions, worn contacts in a way such the cable works with some devices but not with others...
If it still doesn't work properly, 
for warranty and replacement contact the support.digilent @ ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.