Digilent Pmod I2S2 STM32f407 Help

TerenceDL

Question

Hello I have been working on this problem on and off for the last couple months and have not been able to solve it. I am using the pmodi2s2 (https://digilent.com/shop/pmod-i2s2-stereo-audio-input-and-output/) along with the following speaker  and mic I have followed this guide on youtube       . My problem is the speakers makes no sound and the mic does not seem to work either. I am using the STM32f407 same as the video and have removed the onboard mic the STM32 has as I read that could be a possible problem since it is on the i2s2 line.

2 answers to this question

Hi @TerenceDL, welcome to the forums!

As far as I'm aware, we've only tested the Pmod I2S2 with our FPGA boards, so I'm unsure of specific troubleshooting advice for your platform. With that caveat given, are you able to test the output and input channels independently? Microphone voltage levels tend to be fairly low, and forwarding their signals to speakers without amplification can result in not being able to hear anything as the amplitude is too low.

Thanks,

Arthur

Hello artvvb,

Thank you for the input about the amplifier! I used the following amplifier  which I am using for a simpler version of a voice changer using an arduino uno . I simplified the code down to a beeping sin wave and could hear sound from the speakers now. But when I try to add some complexity to my project ie anything over a constant single sin wave there is no sound. Also still trying to troubleshoot the mic but I figure I should get the speakers working first. 

If anyone has any experience with interfacing the two please input your advice! :)