state analyzer mode?

kevin vannorsdel

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi @kevin vannorsdel

Digital Discovery supports Sync capture mode in which the trigger detector module is used for sample condition, level and/or edge. Triggering can't be used in this mode.
Analog Discovery 3, ADP2230, ADP3X50 support external reference clock and sampling on a clock in Oscilloscope interface where Digital channels can also be enabled, Logic Analyzer embedded in Scope.

image.png 

image.png

image.png

Thanks!  So if we use this sync capture mode it will sort of free-run trigger-wise  -- right?  Meaning...   there wont be a way to begin sampling the data on a particular condition?  That is probably ok.  How long is the FIFO (?) or in other words, lets say we feed in a clock at 10MHz and use sync capture mode,  how much data can the DD take in before it fills up?

I hope these questions make sense.  Thank you very much.

yes, yes, The device buffer is 256MiB, 256M samples @ 8bit, 128M @ 16bit, 64M @ 32bit, 32M @ 48b. The sync capture uses data streaming, so with custom application the length is unlimited.

HI @attila,   would you be able to clarify or get me started in a decent direction on how we would set this up using API functions?  It's a little difficult (so far) for me to understand which functions in teh WaveFroms SDK Reference Manual apply to DigitalDiscovery vs other products... 

8bit format stores 8 DIOs or DINs, 16bit -> 16, 32bit -> 32, 64bit -> all 48 channels
With FDwfDigitalInInputOrderSet 0 the samples bits represent: 8bit DIN[7:0], 16bit DIN[15:0], 32bit DIO[31:24]DIN[23:0], 64bit DIO[39:24]DIN[23:0]
with 1: 8bit DIO[31:24], 16bit DIO[39:24], 32bit DIN[15:0]DIO[39:24], 64bit DIN[23:0]DIO[39:24]