Getting two signals combined in one channel

Abdullah1

Question

I am generating two signals and connecting them to circuit board with an AND gate to get a desired output. However I would like to know if its possible to generate the same output for both channels and eliminate having the circuit board? 

So Basically I would like to generate two pulse and combing them together of( 2.5MHz with symmetry of 50% and 20KHz with symmetry of 1.2%) and each channel gets the same output for these combined signals.

A detailed explanation would be very helpful. 

5 answers to this question

Hi @Abdullah1,

I feel that I am misunderstanding something. I don't know what exact AND gate setup/resistor combination you have, but with the random setup I did at my desk with the two Wavegens set up as you mentioned, I get a different result. Main difference is that I have a 4th pulse, the three primary pulses do not drop back down to zero volts, and more closely line up to a total of 1 uSec than yours.

image.png

Conversely, when I use the modulation (notably with no secondary pulse/at an amplitude of 0 V as having any amplitude modulates the amplitude as it did in my physical AND gate setup), that is the only time I can replicate your signal result. Notably, I set the Wavegen to be Independent (instead of No Synchronization) so that I could specify that the length of time the modulation runs and how many times the signal repeats.

image.png

If this is not what you are looking for, could you attach a picture / schematic of your physical setup?

Thanks,
JColvin

Posted (edited)

Hey @attila and @JColvin

Thank you so much for taking you time. I am using a AD3 device and i applied the modulation method by applying 2.5MHz and 2kHz (SUM) respectfully however it doesn't give the desire output similar to the AND gate. 

The approach that I am looking is to generate both signals and receiving an output of 3 cycles from 0 to 1.2us in a 0.5ms (2.5MHz 50% symmetry + 2kHz 0.2% symmetry) in one output from W1. Below picture is the desired approach, Here is a two signals are generated from W1 and W2 and are connected to and AND gate which I am trying to do from waveforms without using an AND gate. 

2.thumb.png.bf086728c0cab0a5f514c2929edf783c.png

Thank you.

Edited by Abdullah1

Hey @JColvin

Thank you so much for you explanation. The modulation method from your last picture + making both channel synchronized worked well. The only adjustment is I had to make wait period to 0.5ms which made it work similar to the AND gate setup that I have.

Thank you for taking you time.