Waveforms Device Manager not working under Red Hat 8.8

Al B.

Question

Under Windows 10 my ADP3450 is working.  But under Red Hat 8.8 the Device Manager does not find any device.

Example sequence:  

Start Waveforms

“No device detected.”

Replay with “OK” takes me to Device Manager

Device Manager shows “No devices found” and Auto Refresh and Manual do not find the device.

The only way found to connect is:

“More – Connect to”

Then manually enter the IP address previously set from Waveforms Device Manager running in Windows 10.  The connected device shows up correctly in the info box on the bottom bar and Waveforms instrument apps appear to work reliably.

In this state Waveforms can only save and open workspaces to the currently selected device or a demo device.

There is no way I can see to calibrate or load or save calibration while running under RH 8.8 as there is no device selected or selectable in the Device Manager window which is where the calibration tab is and it will not launch.

3 answers to this question

Hi @Al B.

Auto detection on LAN was working for me on all OSs I tried. You may have some firewall blocking this.
Have you tried adding the device to the Remote list ? and enable Remote under Filter.

image.png

I had  already tried that.  RH pictures attached.  I have not attempted a remote device entry in Windows.  Is the IP/Host the IP of the device as I entered?  Am running standalone LAN, same as with Windows 10.  I will confirm that there is no firewall involved.  I can ping them from a terminal.

image.thumb.png.780be354c83a7f26eb13b5ebe8ea5363.png

image.thumb.png.044a9b20870c9bf7e5ad0f7c0bb898dd.png

The Remote Devices do show up but only if "Network" is deselected in the filter. 

RH 8.8 Waveforms is now functional except for that the user will have to know to create remote device(s) and deselect network under Filters in Device Manager. 

Thanks for bringing up Remote Devices as a workaround.