dwfconstants not resolving

hqures1

Question

Hello,

I am currently trying to use an Analog Discovery 3 to use as a function generator to generate waves to send to a laser. I am using waveforms SDK to code a wave into Python. When I try to run the code, I come up with the following error:

image.png.474a0dbdb79a35715f0db86557bf67a4.png

I am using the code that is available on github and used the code that is available on the website. Can anyone help with my issue?

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @hqures1

See the following post:

Hello @attila

From what it looks like, these sample codes work well. I just have a few follow up questions.

If I wrote my own code, would I be able to use the WaveForms software as an OScope? It looks like only one software can communicate with the device at a time. 

Also, do I need to move the dwfconstants file into whatever folder I am working in? I just want to make sure that I am able to reference the module correctly.

Hi @hqures1

Only one application can control a device at a time. You could consider using the WaveForms application Script tool to automate tasks, like AWG control, so at the same time you can also use the Scope interface. You could also use the analog-in capture functions to create a custom Scope in you custom analog-out control.
As you wish, you can copy the constants file to your project or reference to its default location.