Problem With My AD3

dce4096

Posted (edited)

Hi, my first time using my AD3 out of the box and using it as a 5V power supply I was getting readings of only 0.2V across a resistor. I was using a USB to USBC cable plugged into the wall, so I then tried plugging the cable into a computer, then using a shorter cable. I have an old USB chord with the end chopped off and leads soldered to the hot/ground wires that I've used previously to supply 5V, and when I switched to that I was getting the correct readings, so it wasn't a problem with my board or components.

The last thing I tried was ordering an auxiliary power supply, which was 5V and 4A, which was what the guide specified. The problem persisted after this, which showed that it isn't a problem with USB conversion, my computer, or anything else. 

Is there anything else to try at this point, or is there something wrong with my AD3? 

Edited by dce4096

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been there with similar issues. It seems like you’ve tried a lot already. When I had a similar problem, it turned out to be a tiny crack in one of my board's solder joints. Double-check all your connections; sometimes it’s the simplest things we overlook. Also, see if you can borrow another AD3 to test with—might help confirm if it’s your unit that’s faulty. If everything else fails, reaching out to the manufacturer might be your best bet.