Hi im just buy AD2 and im a newbie in this and still learning about this project im working on 

How to set up Amplitude modulation  in WaveForms using wavegen, scope and spectrum 

Can anyone teach me this, im new to this and trying learning

z5461167359242_75ea98f00dbec43f1021ed349a12fe13.jpg

z5461167364803_4b3fdde20fa22ad2940ce19a5a7eaff1.jpg

Generating an AM signal is simple. Start with a new workspace. Add a Wavegen instrument and configure it for Modulation, as shown. Set the Carrier frequency to 1 MHz. Turn off the FM channel. Configure the AM channel to be a Triangle wave at 10 kHz, as shown. 

image.png

Demodulation can be done with a lock-in amplifier. Add a Scope instrument and enable Scope-1. Physically connect Scope-1 to the Wavegen channel in a loopback fashion. Start both the Wavegen Channel and the Scope. To demodulate the AM signal, add a Lock-In amplifier and configure it, as shown.

image.png

Next, add a second Math channel; select Simple instead of the Lock-In amplifier. Set the channel on the Simple math channel to M1. Set the operation to AC, and it will extract the AC signal from the first Math channel. The 10 kHz triangle wave is extracted from the 1 MHz Carrier wave using the Lock-In amplifier and a Simple AC math channel. Much more information can be found in the Waveforms Help.

image.png

9 hours ago, JRys said:

Generating an AM signal is simple. Start with a new workspace. Add a Wavegen instrument and configure it for Modulation, as shown. Set the Carrier frequency to 1 MHz. Turn off the FM channel. Configure the AM channel to be a Triangle wave at 10 kHz, as shown. 

image.png

Demodulation can be done with a lock-in amplifier. Add a Scope instrument and enable Scope-1. Physically connect Scope-1 to the Wavegen channel in a loopback fashion. Start both the Wavegen Channel and the Scope. To demodulate the AM signal, add a Lock-In amplifier and configure it, as shown.

image.png

Next, add a second Math channel; select Simple instead of the Lock-In amplifier. Set the channel on the Simple math channel to M1. Set the operation to AC, and it will extract the AC signal from the first Math channel. The 10 kHz triangle wave is extracted from the 1 MHz Carrier wave using the Lock-In amplifier and a Simple AC math channel. Much more information can be found in the Waveforms Help.

image.png

Thank you so much for your information
can i have one more question is FM demodulation can do exact like the AM demolation or the other way ?

FM and AM are very different.

Here's an example FM demod, whereas you can find an example AM demod here.  (Both are written in Verilog, for use in an FPGA.)  In the FM case, I used a PLL to track the FM carrier, and then used the phase difference between one sample and the next as my FM output.  After some more filtering, this differential PLL step then became the output of the demod.

Dan

4 hours ago, D@n said:

FM and AM are very different.

Here's an example FM demod, whereas you can find an example AM demod here.  (Both are written in Verilog, for use in an FPGA.)  In the FM case, I used a PLL to track the FM carrier, and then used the phase difference between one sample and the next as my FM output.  After some more filtering, this differential PLL step then became the output of the demod.

Dan

Thanks you so much, im working on it now