Data overrun / DasyLab 2016, InstaCal not seeing USB-1608GX-2AO DAQ with new computer

WFTXglass

Question

I am attempting to update our system with a new computer.  I am doing this as I am getting MCC-DRV - data overrun errors and see that the CPU is always maxed out.  From what I read in the documentation this error points to the computer not being able to keep up with the data stream.  I cut the sampling rate in half and still have the same problem (1000 Hz to 500 Hz).

I was not here for the original setup in 2019.  The old PC is running Windows 10 Enterprise, and the new PC has Windows 11 Pro.  DasyLab runtime and InstaCal were installed before connecting to the DAQ.  Device manager sees the DAQ and has a driver installed though it shows a problem.  Is there an updated driver for this board or is there something else I am missing?

3 answers to this question

Hello @WFTXglass.

You may be using an older version of InstaCal, not supported under Windows 11.  Please download and install the current version of InstaCal.  Restart your Windows 11 system and then retest the MCC USB-1608X-2AO with InstaCal first.  If the device is detected by InstaCal and no errors, then close the application and launch DASYLab 2016.  Any errors using the device with your DASYLab worksheet?  If so, create a new simple worksheet to test the MCC USB-1608X-2AO.  Reply with your script and screen captures if errors continue to be an issue.

Regards,

Fausto

12 minutes ago, Fausto said:

Hello @WFTXglass.

You may be using an older version of InstaCal, not supported under Windows 11.  Please download and install the current version of InstaCal.  Restart your Windows 11 system and then retest the MCC USB-1608X-2AO with InstaCal first.  If the device is detected by InstaCal and no errors, then close the application and launch DASYLab 2016.  Any errors using the device with your DASYLab worksheet?  If so, create a new simple worksheet to test the MCC USB-1608X-2AO.  Reply with your script and screen captures if errors continue to be an issue.

Regards,

Fausto

Sorry, I should have mentioned that though I am using DasyLab 2016, I am using the latest InstaCal 6.74 from the website, which says it is good for Win11.

Hello @WFTXglass.

Please provide more information regarding your issue, i.e. screen captures, worksheet, any processes running in the OS background, any virus scan apps running, are hibernation and sleep modes disabled.  Have you attempted to create a simple worksheet to debug your issue?

Regards,

Fausto