ATMEL USB firmware

vijay

Question

8 answers to this question

@Bianca, please I need your help. I'm associated professor of the University of Seville (Spain). We have used 15 boards of Digilent (coolrunner-II) for my electronic classes. This year we have upgraded the computers, and I installed latest version of adept. As result, the firmware of the AT90USB162 have been corrupted and no more I can program via USB.

Some of the boards were not used, and obviously not broken. On these boards, I have tried to read the firmware, in order to restore the firmware on broken boards, but it seems to be protected.

Please, could you provide me the firmware of the USB micro controller (for the rev f)?.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem as Vijay, I need the firmware for the ATMEL usb chip of the board. I have already installed the Digilent flash tool, and try to get the firmware from a functional board, but it is of course read protected.

Best regards,

Vincent.

Hi (everyone),

I have exactly the same problem with AT90USB162 on CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Board Digilent Rev.F.

We are beneficiaries of the university donation of 32 development systems Xilinx CoolRunner-II evaluation board (Digilent) that we received in July 2013. 

Since then, these development systems have been successfully used in teaching laboratory exercises in the field of "Embedded Systems" at our school. This year, for an unknown reason, a number of these systems (6 boards) failed, and a detailed investigation revealed that the CPLD chip (XC2C256 CoolRunner-II CPLD) on all 6 boards is fully functional and can still be successfully programmed via external JTAG programmer and that the actual problem is in the Atmel microcontroller AT90USB162 which is used on this Digilent board for USB-JTAG emulation. To determine what the real problem is with these microcontrollers, we would try to reprogram them with the original Firmware either using a USB bootloader, or using the ICSP port (J7 header). Is it possible to obtain from you (Bianca) that original Firmware for the F revision of this development board (CoolRunner-II CPLD Starter Board - Digilent). Please help. Thank you.