Using the example Python functions leads to errors

AstroKevin

Question

Hello, first time poster, but I will probably be posting a lot through this year as my work is using the Digilent Digital Discovery a lot. 

I am just getting started in the testing process to see the functionality of the Digital Discovery, however, I have not been able to get the WF_SDK package to work properly (the WaveForms application GUI works fine). 

Using only the sample code "Using the Logic Analyzer and the Pattern Generator" provided on this page, and after installing the package, connecting the digital discovery, then running the script, I get the following error:

User> python test_pattern.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "User\WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY\test_pattern.py", line 16, in <module>
    pattern.generate(device_data, channel=1, function=pattern.function.pulse, frequency=100e03, duty_cycle=30)
  File "User\WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY\WF_SDK\pattern.py", line 83, in generate
    check_error()
  File "User\WaveForms-SDK-Getting-Started-PY\WF_SDK\device.py", line 229, in check_error
    raise error(err_msg, err_func, err_inst)
WF_SDK.device.error: Error: pattern -> generate -> Invalid channel index provided

Where "test_pattern.py" is only the copied python code and the channel is kept at "channel=0". I even tried channel=24 (in case the channels started at the label on the hardware). The page gives no other information and even states "As the same line is used both as input and as output, no external connections have to be made.". 

Please assist me so I can get this fixed. I assumed the example and test codes would work right out of the box so I could further expand on it for our needs. 

Edited by AstroKevin
title typo

1 answer to this question