Install WaveForms on Linux CentOS

JerryM

Question

Hello! I am trying to install Waveform on Linux CentOS 7. After 

sudo yum install ./digilent.adept.runtime-2.27.9.x86_64.rpm

sudo yum install ./digilent.waveforms_3.19.5.x86_64.rpm

I get

-bash-4.2$ waveforms 
waveforms: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib64/digilent/adept/libdpcomm.so.2)
waveforms: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib64/digilent/adept/libdabs.so.2)

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Hi @JerryM

I think any version of the Adept Runtime that's older than 2.22.1 should work on CentOS 7. I'm not sure which, if any version of Waveforms will work with CentOS 7. That's a question @attila may be able to answer that question if you told us which version of glibc CentOS 7 includes. You can execute "yum list glibc" to see which version of the glibc package is installed. 

Which WaveForms compatible devices are you trying to use?

Older versions of the Adept Runtime can be downloaded here: https://digilent.com/reference/software/adept/runtime-previous-versions

Older versions of Waveforms can be downloaded here: https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/previous-versions

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks so much @malexander! I was able to install the following versions on CentOS7:

Adept Runtime: 2.19.2

Waveforms: 3.16.3

I am using an Analog Discovery Pro. 

The problem now is that I am not able to connect to the ADP3450 via ethernet. If I open the Device Manager and then click on Network, I get the following error:

ScreenShot2023-06-13at4_50_28PM.thumb.png.faa0408e83b4a8589b5d546f347895d6.png

I am able to establish an ethernet connection with my Mac. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by JerryM