Iomega Daqscan 2005 board reading freezer temperatures out of range.

Cascoli

Question

Oue omega Daqscan 2005 board reading freezer temperatures out of range.

See below more details.

I got this from Iomega support last year.

Maybe the t/c is the issue. Try replacing the t/c. You Can easily remove a t/c from DAQ and short the input to see if ambient temp is correct on Daq. Keep in mind t/c’s are millivolt devices and if exposed to any kind of electrical noise could cause an issue.

In addition, since the datalogger workstation had a pending windows 10 update I restarted it.  Then started the datalogger with a new naming convention for acquiring the temp files.

We're seeing the same issues in Temp Tracker that we did ~ a year ago where the probes are off by 10c on average... Do you recall what the fix was? This started last Friday. 

You mentioned last Monday, 4/24, that you had an issue with the Daqview box and had to power-cycle it. Possibly related?

3 answers to this question

You probably have the IOtech DaqScan/2005 and the DBK90 that adds 56 channels of thermocouple measurement. If correct, reconnect the DaqBook/2005 - DBK90 ribbon cable because a poor connection can cause a temperature error. Also, remember that grounded thermocouples can cause ground loops when attached to conductive surfaces, and a small ground loop can cause the measurement to be wrong. 

Regarding software, the recommended operating system for the IOtech DaqView software is Windows 7, and I'm not familiar with Temp Tracker.