Constraint files for Scope and DAC Zmod boards

JacksonR

Question

Hello, I'm using the Eclypse Z7 with a Zmod Scope on port A and a Zmod DAC on port B of my FPGA. I'm trying to create a simple pass-thru program using Vivado 2022.2 and I'm having trouble finding documentation/resources on writing the constraint files for those daughter boards on those ports. Uncommenting the lines provided in the master XDC file for the Eclypse Z7 board for the Syzygy only results in errors for "ports not matching" and "'set_property' expects at least one object". I have wrappers generated for the block design but they do not seem to correlate to the Syzygy pins. Any help would be very much appreciated! 

2 answers to this question

On 4/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, artvvb said:

Hi @JacksonR,

The low level filter example for the Eclypse provides location constraints that should work for your purposes, in addition to implementing necessary controllers that set up the Zmods.

https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/eclypse-z7/demos/low-level-low-pass-filter

Thanks,

Arthur

I was able to find the project files included with this demo, it seemed to load into Vivado correctly and I was able to run synthesis and implementation with relatively few warnings, but after generating a bitstream and loading it onto my board, I was not able to get the Low-Pass filter to work, nothing would output from the DAC port on my board. Again, I have the DAC on port B and the Scope on port A, same as how the demo laid out, and I tested all the channels since it advertised to have ch1 on the Scope map to ch2 on the DAC and vice versa. I also verified the jumper was properly set to jtag and the lights on the board changing indicated that the program had been successfully loaded. I know my boards are not faulty as I have been able to load the Waveforms binary off an SD card on the board and gotten input and output accordingly. Thanks again for the quick reply.