HS2 accidental properties change and not working anymore

Janne Panu

Question

Hi,

I was doing to other device a property change wit ft_prog. Accidentally i did it to digilent HS2. 

Now i can still see it with ft_prog, but vivado does not regognize it. 

i copied from other device mfg desc, product desc and serial number(these fields were changed), and it does not seem to work anymore with vivado. 

is there anything that can be done to return this dongle to working condition?

3 answers to this question

Accidentally changing the manufacturer description, product description and serial number of a device using FT_Prog can potentially result in compatibility issues with software applications that rely on those parameters for device recognition. You can take to try to restore the dongle to its original working condition.

Try to restore original values. Connect the dongle to your computer, launch FT_Prog, and use the backed-up values to update the respective fields. After making the changes, click on the "Program" button in FT_Prog to write the original values back to the dongle.

Then reinstall drivers. Disconnect the dongle from your computer, uninstall any drivers associated with it, and then restart your computer. After restarting, connect the dongle again and reinstall the drivers from the original source or from the manufacturer's website.

Edited by JColvin
Removed section containing advertising link to generic technical support. Otherwise left post since it has reasonable general approach to troubleshooting, though it won't readily work for the HS2 device.

Hi @Janne Panu,

What has realistically happened, as you correctly suspected, is that parts of the EEPROM on the JTAG HS2 were overwritten by FT_Prog, so drivers will not be of help in this case. I have sent you a PM with some instructions on how to fix this (presuming that the EEPROM is not entirely corrupted).

Thanks,
JColvin