Error while trying to conect to Hardware using JTAG-SMT2-NC

schalla

Question

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I power cycle my target and try to reconnect it using vivado. Only way to recover from this error is by power cycling the host it is connected. Can you help me how to fix this issue as it is happening very frequently.

[Labtoolstcl 44-494] There is no active target available for server at TCP:localhost:3121.

Targets(s)", jsn-JTAG-SMT2NC-210308AE5FDD may be locked by another hw_server

thanks,

Sricharan

JTAG-SMT2-NC_Errror.png

4 answers to this question

Hi @schalla,

What I would be checking based on that sort of error is what sort of applications you have open that might connect to the JTAG SMT2 NC (Adept, multiple instances of Vivado / SDK / Vitis, etc). The most common reason I've seen is that there is a second instance of hw_server running in the background, which usually resolves the problem after you kill that instance.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @schalla,

Ok, this could be something as simple as the USB cable not being of a high enough quality or reducing the JTAG programming TCK frequency.

Or it might be the capacitance on the USB data lines is on the edge of being too high resulting in intermittent transmission; there is some more detail about this on this thread here:

If you tell me more about your system I may be able to offer some better help.

Thanks,
JColvin