Communicate PCI-DAS-TC with LabVIEW

soumya

Question

I am using ULx VIs to read value from PCI-DAS-TC in LabVIEW. It works fine normally. But if this device is already accessed by some other application and then I run vi to read value, It doesn't gives one particular error value. It gives different error with different error code value.

Kindly help with this. How to get correct error in this case. I also have attached images of all errors that I am getting in case of this device is already in use and also of block diagram

Thanks In Advance

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

2 answers to this question

Hello @soumya.

You have different error messages, which are unrelated to a device already in use.  I tested an E-TC module with InstaCal v6.73 and LabVIEW 2022 Q3.  After connecting an E-TC module to my network, I opened InstaCal to detect, configure, and test my E-TC.  

image.png

Afterwards, I closed InstaCal and launched LabVIEW 2022.  I opened MCC's ULx for NI LabVIEW file, 'Measure Temperature.llb', to select the 'ULx Acq Temperature Sample.vi' example.  Notice the Physical Channel field shows 'Dev0' was detected.  

image.png

If I open InstaCal to view the board's configuration, while the LabVIEW vi example is open, then InstaCal prompts a warning.

image.png

Next, I closed InstaCal and LabVIEW, just to re-open InstaCal followed by LabVIEW.

This time the Physical Channel field was greyed out and Error 10002 (Channel specified does not exist on this device.) was generated when I started the vi example.  

image.png

image.png

With no device nor channel listed in the Physical Channel field, I got a different error message.  

You should catch any errors from the start of the vi.  Then, have the vi prompt the user that an error occurred and to check the status of the device and input channels.

Regards,

Fausto

image.png

Hello Fausto,

In my task, I have to generate a ticket for each new error code. Since I am getting 3 to 4 new error code for single issue of 'device is already in use',. i am not able to generate corresponding one correct ticket for this issue. 

If you have any idea how could i do this or Is there any other way to communicate with MCC devices without using ULx functions. please let me know.

Thanks!