What does this fail mean and how is it corrected?

Amber

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello @Amber.

Verify that you have disconnected any wires/cables to your USB-DIO96H/50 device.  InstaCal has detected a failure with SecondPortA.  Please reference the user's guide for the I/O channels.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-DIO96H-50.pdf

If you are not using those channels, then you can continue to use the other I/O channels.  MCC does not repair this device.  If the device was purchased within one year, then it is under warranty.  Please reply with the serial number listed in InstaCal or on the backside label.

Regards,

Fausto

3 hours ago, Fausto said:

Hello @Amber.

Verify that you have disconnected any wires/cables to your USB-DIO96H/50 device.  InstaCal has detected a failure with SecondPortA.  Please reference the user's guide for the I/O channels.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-DIO96H-50.pdf

If you are not using those channels, then you can continue to use the other I/O channels.  MCC does not repair this device.  If the device was purchased within one year, then it is under warranty.  Please reply with the serial number listed in InstaCal or on the backside label.

Regards,

Fausto

So if nothing is connected and the device passes, what does that mean?

What is this test checking?

What does "detected a failure" mean?

InstaCal tests the internal circuitry.  These tests do not replace a complete factory test, but it's a good indicator if something failed.  If the device passes, then it's good.  If a test fails, then that port should not be used.   InstaCal will not tell you which component failed, just the port in this case.  As I mentioned previously, MCC no longer services this device.

53 minutes ago, Fausto said:

InstaCal tests the internal circuitry.  These tests do not replace a complete factory test, but it's a good indicator if something failed.  If the device passes, then it's good.  If a test fails, then that port should not be used.   InstaCal will not tell you which component failed, just the port in this case.  As I mentioned previously, MCC no longer services this device.

Why would they not service a completely new device?

Why would it pass when nothing is hooked up to it but fail when something is hooked up to it if it is just testing the internal circuitry?

If the product is within the one-year warranty, then it will be replaced at no charge.  We would need to know the serial number and purchase information.

InstaCal tests are performed without any external signal connections.  If the tests pass when no external signal is connected, then the device is good.  Any connected wires or cables will interfere with the internal circuit testing.