Software for New Computer

Stephen Schell

Question

I currently have 2-  Personal DAQ/55 that I use with daisylab for analog data acquisition purposes.  I am replacing one of my DAS computers and need to download all of the hardware and software needed to continue using the system.  The new computer is a Windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system.  Please provide information regarding how I can obtain what I need.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

First, the Personal Daq/55 is not guaranteed to work on Windows 10. This is because it was never officially released for Windows 10 or 11. By the way, it's a discontinued item now. 

The first step is to download and install Personal DaqView. Please ensure it works with Personal DaqView before adding the support to DASYLab. The important thing is that after the software is installed, restart the computer and plug the device into the USB. Watch the green power LED. It should stay on and not go out after 30 seconds. If it goes out, it's not going to work.

See the following to enable DASYLab support for the Personal Daq/55: https://kb.mccdaq.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50450.aspx

Best regards,

John

Thanks John.  Been out a few days but downloading Daisylab 2016 onto my new computer, since this is the version I was using.  Got to the part in setup where it asks for a serial number and I am not sure what my old one was.  How do I install the program without this?

Thanks