Script for SPI

bryan78

Question

in the Discovery2 when I run the example SPI script, it doesn't look. the Stop() is releasing the chip select.  Also to accomplish this I have to make the protocol setting opposite of what I am expecting.  I think the Stop and Start function are reversed???

image.thumb.png.1d5d54a1a6c8022bfb2ba048c60e6aa2.pngimage.thumb.png.0091d62d8f05b84f14205899b8750ead.pngimage.thumb.png.81585833f136895ca37719e4ea679b4e.png

Edited by bryan78

5 answers to this question

Just now, attila said:

Hi @bryan78

In newer versions the SPI transfers can automatically control the CS, so there is no need to use start/stop.
My intention was to make it backward compatible... start/stop will be fixed in the next version.

image.png

Ill try removing them all.   I spent a day on it until I figured out I could get it to work by setting active state opposite and somewhat works.  Glad I am not loosing my mind.   thanks

10 minutes ago, attila said:

Hi @bryan78

In newer versions the SPI transfers can automatically control the CS, so there is no need to use start/stop.
My intention was to make it backward compatible... start/stop will be fixed in the next version.

image.png

One other question about the scripting.  How do I switch back and forth between protocol reception and logic analyzer inside the script?