PC memory runs full

uli

Question

Hello,

Using a DT9817-R in LabView leads to a computer crash because the memory runs full.

Running the very simple DO Test.vi leads to a crash after some hours because of full memory. Here is the block diagram of DO Test.vi 

image.png.1c1a849a86ed22355f61182f31cc2cb2.png

And here the block diagram of the called DT9817 Dout.vi. Both vi's are also attached.

image.png.460fb9175574f60ddb74121eb3b4438d.png

What could I do to avoid these crash? Is this a problem in the used measurement computing vi's or dll's?

Regards,

Uli

DT9817 Dout.vi DO Test.vi

2 answers to this question

Move the DtCreateDOutChan.v and the DTOLCloseTask.vi outside the while loop. (Take a look at the DtDoutSingle.vi)This is because every time you call the dt create dout channel vi,  memory is allocated for the channel object. Ideally the close task vi deallocate all the memory however, in LabVIEW memory management does always behave the way it should and it sounds like it not being deallocated. 

That solved my problem. Thanks a lot for the fast answer. My repley is late but I had to test this some days.

But I the problem with the deallocation of the memory in the close task.vi is still unclear for me.

I built the same structure for an digital input and there the memory runs not full. Maybe the problem is related to the  DTCreateDoutChan.vi?

Regards,

Uli

image.png.bb48cc482b389d07e55e096ddf47ffa3.png