BOOT.BIN created with VITIS doesn't work on Genesys ZU 5EV

KevinB

Question

The BOOT.BIN file is produced in Vitis does not work.   When I copy the BOOT.bin file to the SD card, it does not start up and the Error light turns on.      Does it require a separate FSBL application, or does the one produced in the platform suitable?

4 answers to this question

I solved this problem for myself by using the bootloader in the Genesus ZU Hello World demo.   There appear to be a customizations for bootloader for the Genesys board that are not found in the stock code.    It is a little bit inconvenient that to update the hardware specification, I have to drop in psu_init.c and psu_init.h files into this special build.   

On 1/12/2023 at 5:19 PM, KevinB said:

I solved this problem for myself by using the bootloader in the Genesus ZU Hello World demo.   There appear to be a customizations for bootloader for the Genesys board that are not found in the stock code.    It is a little bit inconvenient that to update the hardware specification, I have to drop in psu_init.c and psu_init.h files into this special build.   

Do you know what the customization is?  Can you point us to the files that are different?