JTAG-SMT2-NC have a strange serial number

fmeyer

Question

Hi,

We use the module JTAG-SMT2-NC on board that we develop internally.  We use 4 probe in parallels on 4 different board.
Currently I have a jtag probe that have a stange serial number 7&328BB43D&0&3 and that is not detected by vivado or anything else.
The other probe work well. The driver and the tool chain is installed properly and the whole chain work for the others board.

Is it possible to erase the serial number with dadutil on linux ? I have maybe make a wrong operation when I try to modify jtag name on linux.

Is it possible to recovery a serial number ? we would like to avoid to unsolder the JTAG-SMT2-NC module.

Best regards,

Florian MEyer

4 answers to this question

Hi @fmeyer,

I asked the design engineer much more familiar with the JTAG modules and they let me know that while it is possible to change the serial number in Linux, that does not affect whether or not it is detected by the Vivado software, so a different region of the EEPROM has gotten messed up.

Digilent does have an application to fix this issue, but it is a Windows only application.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin

I also think that I have mess-up the EEPROM, I have not really understand how I mess it up with dadutil but the part that is important is to recover the module. We want to avoid to unsolder the JTAG module.
We can also connect the board to windows if we need. 
Could you provide the application and the instructions to reflash the module ?

Best regards,

Florian Meyer

Edited by fmeyer