Personal Daqview Plus Binary header file is missing

Montrose

Question

Hello All,

I am using the personal Daqview software for analog to digital conversion. I am trying to use the File converter tool in Personal Daqview to convert a .BIN file to an ASCII text file. When I attempt to make this conversion, it gives the following error message: "Cannot convert C:/filename.BIN file! Binary header file is missing!" How can I correct his error?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Personal DaqView saves data to a file pair - .bin & .dsc. If the .dsc file is missing the data cannot be converted to another format.  The only possible solution is to backup the .bin file and run the acquisition again. When it has completed, switch out the new .bin with the one from the backup and run the converter.

Best regards,
John

Assuming the configuration settings (like voltage range and sample rate) remained the same, the data will be the same. Timestamps are calculated based on the start time and the sample rate, so start time will be different. The bin file stores raw non-converted A/D numbers.  The dsc file stores sample rates, voltage ranges, start time, channel names, units and a few other things.

best regards,

John

Hello JRys,

Thank you for the quick response. This data set has a voltage with time and date stamps associated with it. When I attempt to use a different .dsc file in the same configuration, it appears the time and dates are incorrect. Would the voltage outputs change based on the information stored on the dsc file as well?