No detect device

Aye

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi @Aye

What operating system and architecture (32 or 64 bit or ARM) are you using ?
In the WaveForms/ Settings/ Device Manager you can find a "My device is not listed" button, press this then "Find Devices". Does it detect anything ?
If you are using Windows does Windows Device Manager detect "USB Serial Converter" under USB Controller after you connect the device ?

Hi Attila

Thank you for your advice. I will try it.  I noticed that when I connected to my PC,, device never light up LED. Is it HW issue also? if my device have issues HW or SW.. where can I send for repair /service. Pl advise it.   Thank you ,, Aye

Hi @Aye

If you are using Windows (32 or 64bit) the FTDI driver should be installed automatically (from Windows Update) but (currently) the same version is also installed by the WaveForms installer. 
You can install it manually from:
https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/
https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM v2.12.36.4 WHQL Certified.zip

Hi @Aye

The on 64bit Intel (x86_64/amd64) you can have 32bit and 64bit OS installed.
Regardless of this, since you got ""FTDI library loading failed"", indicates that on your system the drive is not properly installed.

1. You could try to copy the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\Runtime\UsbDriver\amd64\ftd2xx64.dll as ftd2xx.dll to the 64bit SYS32, C:\Windows\System32\ (see from 64bit apps, file explorer)
and for 32bit apps support
C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\Runtime\UsbDriver\i386\ftd2xx.dll to the 32bit SYS32, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (see from 64bit apps, file explorer)

2. Remove the existing drivers and reinstall:

On 12/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, attila said:

3. Reinstall Windows.