Waveforms 3.18.1 AWG1/2 sync problem

Rick314

Question

I am using an Electronics Explorer board with AWG1 to Scope 1 DC and AWG2 to Scope 2 DC.  Other settings shown in image 1, notably AWG1 and 2 "Synchronized" to demonstrate the phase difference of 90 degrees.  Change AWG1 and 2 frequency to 200 Hz and see image 2.  I would expect 2 sine waves 90 degrees different in phase.  What is going on?

AWG_Scope_1.PNG

AWG_Scope_2.PNG

3 answers to this question

Thanks attila, but I discovered this is a backward incompatibility in the Waveforms application.  I have over 20 workspace files from 2019 that worked well in Waveforms version 3.12.2.  I found other errors trying to run those workspace files in version 3.18.1, so went back to version 3.12.2.  Now the workspace file in this example behaves as shown below, with no problem going from 500 Hz to 200 Hz.  For me, advancing to the latest version isn't worth finding and reporting and doing workarounds for the backward incompatibility problems.  (I am a retired software Quality Assurance engineer for Hewlett-Packard test equipment.  I think more regression testing and emphasis on backward compatibility should be a higher priority with your software engineers.)

AWGN_Scope_v3.12.2.PNG