Zybo z7 not showing as a COM port

ral0711

Question

Hi,

I am currently doing an assigment for a class where I am suppossed to show a message in screen using Tera Term. However, my zybo z7 board does not show as a COM port for me to link it to Tera Term. The actual program is running fine in the board, so I know my computer is detecting the board, and I can see the board in the Device Manager on the USB controllers section

image.png.9da6b7afa052488915bb27e0222ed0e4.png

I tried using the COM1 that you can see in the picture, but that does not seem to belong to the board. Do you have any ideas why the board is not getting a serial port? or what I need to do in order to connect the board with Tera Term?

2 answers to this question

Hey @ral0711

If you detach the board, does that COM port go away? Also, please check your baud rate - Tera Term's default for new connections is 9600, while Zybo designs typically use 115.2k. In Tera Term, this shows up in the Setup -> Serial Port menu.

Otherwise, the following thread has some general troubleshooting tips for USB connections to Digilent FPGA boards from Windows hosts: 

Thanks,

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Thak you for replaying. No, when I detach the board the COM port remains. I also changed the baud rate in Tera Term to 115.200 but it did not work. I will check on the thread you sent, maybe I can find my answer there.

Thank you,