Problems using two DT9857-16 sync'ed together; Dasylab crashes...

Brooose

Question

I haven’t found anything in the knowledgebase.  I’m trying to sync two DT9857-16 together to acquire 24 channels.  I set the first to master, total channels 32, and the channel selection to 1-16.  On the other unit (with the other unit selected), I set that to slave, total channels to 32, and channel selection to 17-32, but then Dasylab crashes.  I have a 12” cat 6 ethernet cable between the “C” RJ45 ports on the back of the units.  It doesn’t like the 2nd unit to be set to channels 17-32.

Also, when using a relay block with control input, it takes in 15 channels and one control input and the documentation states that it outputs 16 channels, however, the relay will only go up to 15 channels for the output.  Is the documentation wrong? 

Here’s the Dasylab 2016 version I’m using:   14.0.1   build 705

Driver dll:   sound 2016.0.0     is what the about windows states. 

Are there any examples where two DT9857-16 are used together?  I just have two of them to use 24 channels and have the rising edge of a signal going into the master device control the combi-trigger and then the relay with control input.  I’m also trying to save all of the recorded channels to one output file.

Thanks.

I tried installing the 16.0.0.501 and the 15.0.0.310 (from the downloads site) and both said (when trying to import them) they couldn't be used with this version of program.

There was a 14.4.0.0 version also on the downloads website that successfully imported.  When you open the analog input module, it says version 15.0.0 down in the corner.  

Is there any difference or release notes for the 14.3.0.0 dlp file and the 14.4.0.0 version?   Is there a big difference in the 15.0.0.310 or 16.0.0.501 versus the 14.4?  

With v15.0.0 of the Data Translation driver for DASYLab 2020 v15.0.0.x, running multiple DT9857E devices no longer caused the devices to stop responding.  As you discovered, the 14.4.0.0 dlp package (a late release for DASYLab 2016 SP2 v14.2.0.x) included the DT v15.0.0 driver.  Have you had an opportunity to test both DT9857E modules with the DT v15.0.0 driver?  

The v15 driver solved the problem.  Even though the display windows (Y/t chart, meters, and the relay icon changing) seems to lag sometimes, it appears to capture the correct data and lengths.  

What I wasn't able to find was a way to delay recording after a trigger condition is met.  eg. I have 2 logic signals, one when the power starts and one when the test starts.  The test start logic gets a glitch pulse when the power starts.  I was trying to trigger on the power start, but only start recording 5 seconds later (2 seconds before the test starts), but I couldn't see how.  

I ended up putting an average block in the test start signal and use that as the start trigger, but putting in 2 seconds of pretrigger doesn't record 2 seconds.  It's an odd amount, like 1.3 seconds or 2.3 seconds if I specify 3.  Even specifying samples does the same thing.  I suppose it's good enough, but it's a workaround.