AD2 Academic Discount in EU?

Balnazzar

Hi @Balnazzar,

My understanding is that Digilent's distributors do not offer any academic discounts; there is another thread where Trenz might do academic discounts for eligible customers in Germany, but I do not know if this is still true:

I did confirm that is possible for people outside of the United States to qualify for our academic pricing (https://digilent.com/shop/academic/), though I would highly recommend checking the overall price including shipping and any associated taxes to compare buying direct from Digilent vs a distributor pricing before placing any orders.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks for your reply.

Trenz does indeed offer edu discounts for Digilent products, but it's limited to German students, whereas I live in Italy. There are three different Digilent distributors in Italy, but browsing their websites, it seems none of them offers academic discounts.. And going through import from the US kills the deal (VAT, import fees, shipping expenses, etc..).

That's sad. The prices, without the discount, are a bit high for a student pocket. No way you can get the AD2 for less than 400 bucks, and then you have to add at least the bnc adapter. I mean, for the same price one can get a decent four channel 100 MHz benchtop scope (granted, without a software so polished as Waveforms.. But still...).

Please let me know if someone offers edu discount for the AD2 in Italy. Thanks!!

Edited by Balnazzar

Hi @Balnazzar,

I spoke with somebody on the Digilent Sales team and they let me know that Distrelec might be another option for an academic discount (I don't personally know the details). If you have further questions on pricing and where you might be able to get the best pricing options, I would recommend contacting the Digilent sales team directly through the Sales and Support order form, https://digilent.com/shop/sales-and-order-support/, where you can get the most accurate information regarding pricing options directly and not have to go through a "middle-man".

Technical questions on how to use Digilent products is still best put here on the Digilent Forum as the Order and Sales team will just end up forwarding your question on to me anyways.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 10/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @Balnazzar,

I spoke with somebody on the Digilent Sales team and they let me know that Distrelec might be another option for an academic discount (I don't personally know the details). If you have further questions on pricing and where you might be able to get the best pricing options, I would recommend contacting the Digilent sales team directly through the Sales and Support order form, https://digilent.com/shop/sales-and-order-support/, where you can get the most accurate information regarding pricing options directly and not have to go through a "middle-man".

Technical questions on how to use Digilent products is still best put here on the Digilent Forum as the Order and Sales team will just end up forwarding your question on to me anyways.

Thanks,
JColvin

Copy that, thanks! 
A.