Use labview to program the two usb1608gx

ZGSWA

Question

Hi,

I need to use labview to program two USB1608gx.

At the same time, two USB1608GX are needed to collect data together.Is it feasible to do so?  

But there are no relevant examples in the MCC Knowledgebase.   Is there any important  point I need focus on? How could I do it on labview?

Thanks alot.

2 answers to this question

Hello,

The USB-1608G series devices are normally used with the built-in OnBoardClock. When the scanning process is started, the clock signal is ouput to the AICLKO terminal. To make two of them work together, set one to ExternalClock and the other to OnBoardClock. Connect the AICLKI pin on the ExternalClock device to the AICLKO on the OnBoardClock device. Because the ExternalClock device is dependent on the OnBoardClock device, you must start its task first. If not the OnBoardClock will already be running when the ExternalClock device is started and the two will not be synchronized. For an example, see example ULx Acq&Graph Voltage-Ext Clk.vi that is located in \Examples\ULx\Analog In\Measure Voltage.llb library. I believe you could duplicate the block diagram making sure each is set to the correct device. Then set the clocks appropriately and route the Error wires so that ExternalClock task is started before OnBoardClock's. 

Best regards,

John