Arty a7

Leo_W

Question

One of my arty a7 is damaged. According to judgment, one of the voltage chips is damaged. The model is DA9062-00AM. After replacing the chip, the abnormal voltage impedance is no longer displayed, but all outputs are all 0. Need to burn the program to output voltage, but will not operate.

image.png.f49538c5a434930e141411167926fd0a.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @Leo_W,

I asked about this component and learned that this PMIC is only one-time programmable (or at the least uses the OTP region for the Arty A7 design) and can only be programmed with a special programmer (I don't know what specific programmer this is, but I'm guessing it's whatever controller that Renesas/Dialog Semiconductor recommends, I'm not certain if this is just the software or if there is a hardware aspect as well), so the component replacement is not as straightforward as "solder component, load .hex, move on with day" like I would have personally anticipated.

Getting this particular component up and running is beyond the scope of the Digilent Forum, but if you are determined and have gotten everything in place let me know and I can see if I can convince the appropriate people at Digilent to provide the a singular programming file (or whatever is used).

Thanks,
JColvin

10 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @Leo_W,

I asked about this component and learned that this PMIC is only one-time programmable (or at the least uses the OTP region for the Arty A7 design) and can only be programmed with a special programmer (I don't know what specific programmer this is, but I'm guessing it's whatever controller that Renesas/Dialog Semiconductor recommends, I'm not certain if this is just the software or if there is a hardware aspect as well), so the component replacement is not as straightforward as "solder component, load .hex, move on with day" like I would have personally anticipated.

Getting this particular component up and running is beyond the scope of the Digilent Forum, but if you are determined and have gotten everything in place let me know and I can see if I can convince the appropriate people at Digilent to provide the a singular programming file (or whatever is used).

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank you for your help, I have already bought a new chip and a compiler (but the model of the compiler is not necessarily correct, it seems that there is no response when I connect it before). It would be great if there were programming files, but this part of the repair might be a lot more difficult than I thought, but I wanted to try it anyway.