USB is not detected (Artix A7)

Bryan S

Question

I've been programming and debugging with my Artix A7. All of sudden, my device is not detected by my PC (USB device is not recognized in Hardware Managner of Window. 

However, the programmed downloaded before this issued took place is working well. 

Only problem is that I coundn't get my device connected to my PC and reprogramm it.

Please help me to fix this issue !!

6 answers to this question

Hi @Bryan S,

Can you let me know which FPGA board you have (Digilent has a lot of different boards with a 7 series Artix FPGA on it)?

I'm guessing when you looked at the Hardware Manager in Windows, you are not able to see the "Digilent USB Device" description like shown in this thread: https://forum.digilent.com/topic/21713-brand-new-basys-3-user-cant-get-vivado-to-see-it/#comment-62685? If not, what if anything do you see when you connect the device? If nothing is detected whatsoever, it might be a good idea to try a different USB cable in case the one you have has become faulty.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi,

My board is Xilinx Artix-35T FPGA (xc7a35ticsg324-1L).

1. This is what I could see in the Hardware Manager in my Windows:

image.png.111912058a4605ff62a2f16f2a6cfcd7.png

2. I've tried to detect the device with Adept tool. However, it couldn't detect the device either:

image.thumb.png.a2e67a2bd108edcc67a74089368074b3.png

Please note that I did nothing while connecting USB cable to my device. And all of sudden, the device is not detected.....

I've changed USB cable but it didn't work either.

BR

So your board is a Digilent Arty A7-35T.

If the power LED is on (https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/arty-a7/reference-manual#features) and you are getting a USB Error in enumeration, I would try a different cable and different USB port. If it still does not work there might be a fault with your board. Check warranty conditions and the possibility of a return to the place of purchase.