CMOD S7 with Pmod OLED hello world

Jack1232345677

Question

I recently purchased a CMOD S7 and have been able to program it with my Verilog source code using Vivado. I'd like to connect to the Pmod OLED board to display a "success" or "Hello world" message. There doesn't seem to be any simple/ low level example hdl for this. All I can find is guidance to link to the Pmod using the Microblaze processor. These instructions are very lengthy and state " Digilent Pmod IPs are only supported in Vivado and Xilinx SDK versions 2019.1 and earlier." and i'm using 22.1 so I'm not even sure I should try. 

Is there a simple verilog source to turn on the Pmod at a low level or would I have to write this from scratch?

Many Thanks,

Jack

1 answer to this question

Hi @Jack1232345677,

There isn't a Verilog source, but I was able to port an old VHDL Pmod OLED project for the Nexys 4 to the Cmod S7 and verified that it was working in Vivado 2020.1.

The demo itself is fairly simple; initializes device, briefly displays all characters, then blanks the screen, then has a static display of a pre-made message and does not do any of the scrolling or other graphics features offered by the SSD1306 driver, but the display is running.

Thanks,
JColvin

S7-OLED-20.1.zip