MC USB-1024LS Programming

SRF

Question

Having a strange time programming some of the outputs on the USB-1024LS.

Using Visual Studio C#

The following will work for PortA:

boardRly.DConfigPort(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortA, MccDaq.DigitalPortDirection.DigitalOut);

boardRly.DBitOut(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortA, 0, MccDaq.DigitalLogicState.High);

However, the following will NOT work for port B

boardRly.DConfigPort(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortB, MccDaq.DigitalPortDirection.DigitalOut);

boardRly.DBitOut(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortB, 0, MccDaq.DigitalLogicState.High);

Am I missing something?  All programming examples are so old they no longer open in Visual Studio.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers to this question

Hello,

The UL Help file is a good source of information, especially if you search and find the device's reference page. It can be found on your start programs menu under Measurement Computing. Under the DBitIn and DBitOut section, it tells you to always use port type FirstPortA with bit numbers 0 to 23. For example:

boardRly.DConfigPort(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortA, MccDaq.DigitalPortDirection.DigitalOut);

boardRly.DConfigPort(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortB, MccDaq.DigitalPortDirection.DigitalOut);

//set D0 on FirstPortB high

boardRly.DBitOut(MccDaq.DigitalPortType.FirstPortA, 8, MccDaq.DigitalLogicState.High);

Best regards,

John

Thanks for your quick reply.  I was able to finally find this information by opening the individual programming files (again, solution will not open in today's programing environments).  I was very confused by the answer since your own provided application DAQami lists the ports as FirstPortB0, FirstPortB1, etc... on the screen.

Thank you for the clarification!