How to translate compartmentalized liver to analog computer? I Just want to learn to translate the figure to equations. 

Highly reputed source(International)-:

image.png.431b38aca47972c3b90900580cdc1881.png

image.thumb.png.2932e4f5c8adec797c152c2b3879bea1.png

The compartmental analysis figure is the diagram that I want to translate to differential equations and eventually analog computer.

This is from

image.thumb.png.27bad9d3dc622177e18dd50e34cbeecf.png

This book. IDK about the author, but I bet that this is extremely reliable compared to the materials locally available and written by local authors. But it doesn't tell which equation it is modeling, so I am not 100% sure about it.

It has problems as well-:

It doesn't use negative for K12 And idk why is it using negative for K23.

Less reputed source-:

image.thumb.png.f2561f393aaa1fc43950ed1ca924aebc.png

This is pretty ambiguous, their equation and figure don't even match.

Highly reputed source(LOCAL)-:

image.png.c38e47124f62e6dba1b9c5d6f8b6c24c.png

image.png.a560441992bae8eaf5fb94c2479c8e46.png

image.thumb.png.09a5e25a9c05757cb98191cbf565c5f7.png

If this source is correct, I don't understand how is it correct?

My thoughts about sign what they should be-:

If the arrows are coming towards the block in consideration, add + sign else add - sign.

For eg-: consider x1 block, then we find x1', for that + will be what comes inside i.e K21*x2, and - will be what goes outside ie.K12*x1. 

My Teacher(He hasn't written any pdfs that I know of)-:

He says "some books have written plus(in K21) while some minus I am not sure what it is actually." He is not the one who will check my final exam paper.

image.png

image.png

Hello,

The honest answer from Digilent's end of things is that this question (a real life application of a process control problem) is beyond the scope of our Forum.

When I glance through the diagrams, it seems that the equations associated with the second set of diagrams are correct with the negative sign (though I have never studied this particular biological process so I cannot verify which source is correct). All of the triangles are an amplifier/adder of some kind; there are a number of different resources online that describe how different types of amplifiers work and are calculated in electronic hardware.

Thanks,
JColvin