Xilinx Vivado installation on Windows 10

TarzanPR

Question

Team,

I bought a Basys 3 board, and I am trying to download Xilinx Vivado software recommended by Digilent.

I did try to download the Vivado software many times, but once I run the program the setup GUI doesn't loads to start the installation.

During my tries to setup the program, I did try to execute the xsetup.exe and the xsetup.bat and none of them loaded the software installation.

Can you recommend a better way to install the Vivado program on Windows 10? Have you had the same issue? 

I will like to start working with my Basys 3 board.  Any inputs are welcome.

Edited by TarzanPR
correct grammar

1 answer to this question

Hi @TarzanPR,

Digilent has a guide on installing Xilinx's Vivado available here: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/guides/installing-vivado-and-vitis.

In general (and what is described by the guide I linked), Xilinx recommends downing the self extracting web installer from their website (the xsetup.exe) which then connects over the internet to the Xilinx website to download and install the actual software. You'll need quite a bit of hard drive space for the download (especially for newer versions of the Xilinx software) and the download/install can take quite a bit of time itself depending on how fast your computer is.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin