JTAG-SMT3-NC different ranges of temperatures.

Alexandre_Borali

Question

I have a doubt about the following item: JTAG-SMT3-NC. Analyzing the provided datasheet for the part, we identified that the working range of temperatures of the module are not the same as the storage range. We would like to know, in as much detail as possible, why the ranges are different (assuming they are correct) and if there is another compatible module that can be stored and be used at -30°C.

I work in a company that is planning to use this module in a product that has to withstand -30°C.

TempRange.thumb.png.f748b1e3daf4714990a95faff2320bac.png

Thanks for the support!!

3 answers to this question

Hi @Alexandre_Borali,

I know it seems weird. We normally set our temperature grade for our products to be inclusive for the most sensitive component. In the specific case of this product we conducted some operational tests at higher temperature range. Upon these tests we updated the documentation with the new range for the operational temperature of the device. 

However, we didn't have a way to make the tests for the storage temperature, therefore we updated just what we were able to test and left the other one as per specifications of the datasheet for the most sensitive component. 

This is where the discrepancy comes from. 

Best regards,

Bianca

Hello Alexandre,

It makes no sense that the storage temperature is less than the operating temperature. Therefore, I am thinking that the storage specification is incorrect. From what I can tell, it uses the FT232HQ chip and its specification lists a storage temperature of -65 to 150 Degrees C - see below.

Here is a link to the data sheet I found: https://ftdichip.com/products/ft232hq/

image.png.e50a359a95fef673657d735daa3aa778.png

Best regards,

John

Hello John,

Thank you for the fast response! Is there any forecast for the correction of those datasheets? And with all that sad, can i use the FT232HQ range of temperatures as the correct specification for entire module?

Thanks,

Alexandre Borali

Edited by Alexandre_Borali